My sister requested a sock monkey hat. I followed the basic directions from Christine’s blog.
My sister wanted a fleece lining, so I sewed that inside after it was completed. She requested a ribbon pom pom for the top instead of a yarn one.
There are several modifications. I made the hat several rows longer. I did the monkey’s ears a little differently, as well as the mouth area. The ear flaps for wearer were made larger and longer as well.
My sister requested a sock monkey helmet cover for her ski helmet. We’ll see if I can make one that will stay on without Velcro. Pictures of how these turned out and pseudo directions can be found at knitprocro.com or http://knitprocro.com/sock-monkey-ski-helmet-cover/
I’d also like to try to make the hat using single crochets. I think a double crochet hat is fast to make but more drafty. I think and unlined hat looks nice as well.